If you are a party person, these are dates and places that you just cannot miss.
Cehegin has a number of Fiestas and festivals each year
- 20th January the festivities of San Sebastian, these include the bonfire of San Sebastian. This follows a torch lit procession from the former hermitage of San Sebastian on the outskirts of the town to the plaza of the Constitution in the heart of the old quarter where the bonfire is lit.
- 40 days before Easter Cehegin celebrates its carnival of the northwest, the most important carnival in the Northwest of the region of Murcia with many parades, masks, children’s parades and music.
- 25th March to 1st April Semana Santa, the Holy Week of Cehegín is one of the most important moments and celebrations of this city in the northwest region of Murcia, It is a party lived with great expectation and religious devotion. It has a centuries-old history full of ups and downs, but that its inhabitants have known how to take forward with much effort and sacrifice. The importance of Cehegin holy week is shown by the striking processions, the spectacular scenery of its old town and the antiquity of some of its brotherhoods and the beauty of its images.
- August the fairs and festivals in honour of San Zenon, these fill the town with allsorts of celebrations including bull running.
- 8th to 14th September the festival of the patron of Cehegin is held every year, the perfect moment to drop by and enjoy its perfect weather and the most cheerful atmosphere of the year. The focal point of the festival is the fairgounds, holding 150 stalls of groups and clubs.Furthermore many events take place at this time for people of all ages, such as the pilgrimage of El Rocio, the Festibando (a night party with concerts closing the festival).
Caravaca de la Cruz